The Obesity is a physical condition that results from excessive accumulation of fat in the body. Obesity has been defined as a weight more than 20% above what is considered normal, as the body mass index, which is calculated from the individual’s age, height and weight. The presence of adipose tissue is essential as a natural reserve of energy in our body. But excess adipose tissue in obesity causes disorders of Health.
What causes obesity?
Obesity occurs when the body takes in more calories than it burns off. In the past people with obesity is due to overeating and lack of exercise. However, research has identified a number of other factors such as genetics, race, age and social and behavioral problems.
Even with all these other factors already identified, doctors are convinced that over consumption of foods with high fat calories and lack of physical activity is the main cause.
Prevention of Obesity
Following are some simple tips for obesity:
• Be very careful with the food you take. It should not be oily, spicy and fatty acids.
• Do not be lazy. Be active and proportionally allocate the time between work, play and rest.
• Say a strict no to smoking and alcoholism. Both can cause serious complications in people with excess fat in their body.
• The exercises will burn fat. Do some breathing exercises and yogasana for keeping fit and healthy mind. Go for morning walk everyday.
• Doing crunches and push-ups, because it makes your body flexible and tones the muscles of the abdomen, buttocks, thighs and other body parts.
• Do not eat sweets and candies. These should be avoided at all costs.
• Do not eat foods that are rich in carbohydrates, such as rice and potatoes.
• Include grains such as wheat, barley, sorghum and corn in their diet.
Home Remedies for Obesity
Following are some of the effective home remedies for obesity:
• Eat papaya or vegetable soup as dinner for 2-3 months if you want a quick weight loss. This works in the control of obesity.
• Drinking green tea or ginger tea, as ginger is very effective in burning excess fat in your body.
• Mix a small amount of honey and fresh ginger paste. Take this with half tablespoon guggul to control obesity.
• Prepare a drink by adding half teaspoon fresh honey and half teaspoon fresh basil (tulsi) paste in warm water. It is an effective home remedy for obesity control.
• You can also try this home remedy for common and simple obesity. Add half teaspoon of fresh lemon juice and half a teaspoon of fresh honey in warm water. Take this every morning on an empty stomach.
• Eat tomato in early morning as it is beneficial to keep the cholesterol level to normal and reduce fat.
• Horse gram is also very effective in the control of obesity. Soak 1-2 tbsp horse gram in a glass of water and let stand overnight and take the soaked solution in the morning on an empty stomach.
Some of the effective herbal remedies for obesity:
• Guduchi is an herb commonly used for obesity. This helps in reducing fat in the body and is very effective in obesity.
• Indian gooseberry (amla) is an effective herb for the treatment of obesity. It is an integral component of Triphala, Which are also prescribed in the treatment of obesity.
• Guggulu is used in reducing the accumulation of fat in the body, giving people a leaner physique.
• Aloe Vera grass is very beneficial in controlling obesity.
• Mix black pepper powder in a vegetable soup and vegetables. It not only enhances the taste of your food items but also helps in controlling obesity and burning excessive fat.
• Apple Cider vinegar also used in weight control.