When a stuffy nose strikes, a bowl of hot and spicy Korean broth will clear your sinuses and cause you to perspire, which can help soothe a fever.
If you aren’t lucky enough to have a Korean restaurant nearby, create this substitute with one package of oriental-flavor ramen noodles, an ounce of thinly sliced spicy pepperoni, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (for extra spice add a few slices of a fresh chili pepper), and two chopped scallions.
How To Make the Recipe for Instant Cold Cure:
• Boil noodles according to the package instructions.
• Heat the pepperoni slices in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds.
• Add the pepperoni to the noodles when they’re halfway done.
• Once the noodles are cooked, season with the red pepper flakes (or pepper slices), scallions and the ramen noodle flavor packet (to save on sodium, use half the packet).
• Eat immediately and feel better.